While students with accommodation needs can choose to make their own arrangement for homestays, homestay service is also available through Maple Hill School.
We understand that homestay families play a significant role in supporting students in all aspects of their life in Canada. Maple Hill School and any agents who provide homestay services to students of Maple Hill School must adhere to the Maple Hill School Homestay Policies. These policies are based on the K-12 International Student Homestay Guidelines 2018 set out by the BC Ministry of Education.
Agencies who are providing homestay services to students of Maple Hill School must sign and acknowledge that they follow the above mentioned guidelines.
|Room Type||Room Area (Square Meters)||Rate (CAD)|
|Single Bedroom + Shared Washroom||10||C$1,100 – C$1,300/month|
|Single Bedroom + Private Washroom||10-14||C$1,300 – C$1,500/month|
|Single Bedroom + Shared Washroom||20||CD$1,500 – CD$1,700/month|
- A C$200 Application Fee will be charged and deducted from the homestay fee in the first month.
- All homestay families are located within 5-min of walking distance to bus stops and skytrain stations, and less than 15 mins of driving distance to the school.
What is included?
- Private bedroom furnished with a bed, desk, chair, lamp, and closet in the host family’s home.
- Access to utilities, internet, laundry facilities, washroom (private/shared depending on the choice of room type)
- Three meals a day
Optional Add-on Services:
- School drop-off and pickup service:
- Approximately C$500-C$900/month depending on the frequency of the service.
Homestay Host Family Requirements
- Screened prior to a student being placed in a homestay, which include a home inspection with host parent interviews, scheduled criminal record checks for all adult household members, as well as reference checks for the host family.
- No more than 2 international students live with a host family at the same time, and avoidance of placing minor students with adult students.
- Please contact Ms. Grace Yin at email@example.com.
- It is highly recommended that you apply at least two months ahead of time before the start date of your homestay program service.
RESOURCES FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS:
- BC Helpline for Children (1-800-663-9122)
May be called to report a child or youth under 19 years of age being abused or neglected. There is a legal duty to report your concerns to a child welfare worker.
- Kids Help Phone (1-800-668-6868)
Counselling and mental health support.
- Kelty Mental Health Resource Center (http://keltymentalhealth.ca/)
Resources regarding mental health issues including substance abuse, medication, and healthy living.